Cheap Car Insurance in Brandon, FL
Good coverage doesn’t have to be expensive! In fact, at Affordable Car Insurance Tampa, we believe it shouldn’t be.
We have been in business for nearly 10 years, specializing in providing you with inexpensive but complete insurance coverage on all of the things in your life that matter most. With access to a huge database system that compares prices from low-cost, reliable insurance providers, we can match your specific needs with the right insurance company.
Regardless of your driving record, credit rating, or inexperience, we will work hard to get you the very best coverage at the very best price. We’re all about serving you, so we take the time to get to know you and your needs so that you get the right amount of coverage from the start.
Affordable Car Insurance Tampa offers affordable policies on just about everything that you own. Plans include those for:
Cars and other vehicles
We’ve been around a while now, helping folks in Florida with their car policy needs. With all of our experience, knowledge, and resources, we are able to explore a myriad of options with our professional partners. These options include discounts as well as personalized types and amounts of coverage — all designed to get you the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
Florida requires insurance car coverage for sedans, SUVs, trucks, hybrids, ATVs, and motorcycles. Whether you need comprehensive, collision, or specialty policies, we can help with cost-effective and quality insurers like Windhaven.
Your home is almost certainly the most expensive purchase you’ll ever make, so it only makes sense to protect it. Many things can threaten to take it away from you, including extreme weather conditions like flooding, accidents, fire, theft, and more. Let us help protect your home with the right home insurance policy and bring you the peace of mind you deserve.
You love the time spent on your boat and no wonder! It’s a place for enjoyment and relaxation, but that may be difficult if you don’t have adequate protection for it. If you have one of our affordable boat insurance policies, you won’t need to worry about what might happen out there on the water.
Home insurance isn’t only for a house: your apartment is your home, too. Theft and other disasters can occur anywhere, so we offer renters insurance policies that will protect the contents of your home at an affordable price, even if said home isn’t technically yours. And don’t forget other situations in which you may be renting something, such as a vehicle!
No one likes to think about dying, but there are no guarantees in life. You want to be sure that your family will be adequately taken care of in your absence should you pass, and we can help you get the life insurance coverage your family will need to help provide for them should the unthinkable happen. Funeral expenses can be astronomical, and you don’t want to saddle your loved ones with a heavy financial burden on top of everything else.
Minimum Florida Auto Insurance
As a licensed driver in the state of Florida, you are required to carry at a minimal amount of insurance when you register any motor vehicle with at least four wheels. Furthermore, the insurer must be a recognized and registered agent within the state.
The minimum policy requirements apply to all drivers who meet the following qualifications:
- You reside in the state of Florida.
- You owned or drove a vehicle in the state for a minimum of 90 days during the previous year.
- You are employed somewhere in the state, or you have children who are attending school somewhere within the state.
Anyone meeting these requirements is required to have a minimum of:
- At least $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP), which will cover 80% of the medical expenses of you and your passengers, regardless of who caused the accident.
- At least $10,000 in Property Damage Liability (PDL), which will cover damages caused by you or someone else driving your insured vehicle.
Any vehicle with a current Florida registration must be insured with PIP and PDL insurance at the time of vehicle registration. You are also required to have coverage in the state of Florida if:
- You are not currently driving your vehicle, or it is inoperable. Regardless of whether your car is being driven or not, you must have auto insurance.
- You are a non-resident or temporary resident of Florida. You are required to register your vehicles and will need to obtain coverage in certain circumstances.
- You are employed in Florida or your children are attending a Florida public school.
- You live in Florida for more than 90 non-consecutive days each year. In this situation, you may also be required to have Florida insurance and registration.
Additionally, you must obtain the registration certificate and license plate within 10 days after beginning employment or enrollment. You must also have a Florida certificate of title for your vehicle unless an out-of-state lienholder or lessor holds the title and will not release it to Florida.
If you move out of state, you must not cancel your policy until after your car is registered with the new state.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) requires you to maintain coverage throughout the registration period, and provides severe penalties for failing to maintain them:
- Your driving privilege and license plate may be suspended for up to three years.
- You may be required to pay a reinstatement fee of up to $500 once the suspension period is over.
However, you may be exempt if you are a military member stationed out-of-state or out of the country.
Let’s Get Started!
Insurance is a necessity. To safely and legally navigate the insurance waters in Florida, you need to work with an insurance company licensed in Florida to get the coverage you need.
Contact us at 813-328-1985 for a free 10-minute quote so we can help you get the best coverage at the best price!