From how we work to how we shop at the grocery store, the coronavirus has impacted every facet of our daily lives. One thing many people look past is how it’s affected manufacturing, particularly regarding automobiles. This post will cover everything you need to know about the automotive industry during the pandemic in Tampa, FL:
- Less production: Office buildings across the country shut down during the pandemic, forcing employees to work from home. Many car manufacturers also shut down, meaning no cars were coming out of the plants for quite some time. Fortunately, some plants have begun to reopen, but shutting down for as long as they did really set the industry back.
- Delayed launches: We expect new models of cars, trucks and SUVs to come out every year. However, that might not be the case for some manufactures and models in 2021. The shutdown of plants means we could see a delay in the launch date of new vehicles for the upcoming year. Delays could be as long as six months for some new models, so don’t hold your breath waiting for them.
- Fewer sales: We also noticed a significant dip in car sales over the past few months due to the pandemic. Even when quarantine rules became less strict, people still weren’t rushing out to buy new vehicles. This could be due to the poor economy and the hesitation to be out in public for extended periods.
- Potential manufacturing bankruptcies: Perhaps the scariest COVID-19 impact on the auto industry in Tampa, FL is that some manufacturers could face bankruptcy due to the points mentioned above. Fortunately, things are starting to pick back up a little bit, so hopefully the automakers won’t have to take any drastic steps to stay afloat.
Come to us if you need insurance
If you just bought a car, be sure to purchase your insurance through Affordable Car Insurance Tampa. Here are a few reasons why customers choose us:
- We explore every option: We dig deep to find you the best coverage for the lowest price possible. After talking with you to understand your financial situation and your driving record, we use our fast comparison software to find the best policy for you and your budget.
- Tons of policies: Going along with the point above, we provide hundreds of different policy options for our drivers. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new driver or someone who’s been in a few accidents in the past—we’ll get a quote that meets the state minimum insurance requirements without breaking the bank.
- Fast service: There’s no waiting around for days to get your auto insurance quote when you work with us! At Affordable Car Insurance Tampa, we can get you a quote in as little as 10 minutes. Even better, speaking to us about your quote is free!
Whether you recently purchased a car and helped the automotive industry during COVID-19 in Tampa, FL or you just need a new insurance policy, call our team at Affordable Car Insurance Tampa. Regardless of your credit score or driving record, we can find a policy for you.